Friday, February 26, 2021

Fresh Start....Spring Forward!

Today I decided since Spring is approaching I would begin a fresh start.  Plow my garden and plant some new seeds if you will.  So I done some research on my name.  Have you ever done that?  I received one in high school from a friend.  Her mom had fixed them as graduation gifts for all the students and I still have it.  So, I searched myself.

 
Melissa:   
          Biblical Meaning:  Honeybee
               Urban Dictionary says:  a loyal friend who is someone you can talk to about anything.  Also likes to keep her emotions to herself because she doesn't want others to worry about her.  She will care for you through thick and thin so don't hurt her.  She is also a loyal girlfriend.  She loves adventures and people being themselves.  She can care for people really quickly but she gets hurt if they just push her away.  Your lucky if you have one of her.  

     I also found in my research that it said I have naturally strong parental instincts making me a perfect mate as well as a mother or caretaker.  I find this part about myself very true because even as a child and into young adulthood I was and still am very protective of my siblings.  Of course to every upside there is a downside and it says I may show a possessive attitude at times but it's only because I love the people I'm trying to protect deeply.  Which also makes me prone to worrying more.  I also find this to be very true.  

     It also states that I'm charitable and giving.  Compassion and love for others truly has no ends.  Many people may come to me for advice, and while I tend to enjoy being the wise and loving person that people can trust to seek out, it may at times leave me feeling burnt out.  It also says that's why it's crucial to take excellent care of myself and set strong boundaries with others. 
         
I guess this would be where I would say I fail myself because I don't like to say "no" for fear of being accused of not liking someone or not loving someone enough.  I try my best to meet every need of every person I can and I fail to meet my own needs most often.  So today moving forward I'm going to plant new seeds and meet some of my own needs but also continue to be me and help as many people as I can just as I feel God has led me to do!  


I want to encourage all of you to do this.  Do it today!  Find meaning in your name!

                                                            G.P.W.L
                                                            Melissa Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...