Tuesday, February 9, 2021

I wish...

 I wish I could tell you...

    I wish I could tell you that I'm perfect but I'm not.

    I wish I could tell you that I don't sin but I do too.

    I wish I could tell you I don't have anxiety but I do.

    I wish I could tell you I don't make mistakes but I do too.

    I wish I could tell you I haven't broken any of God's commandments but I have.

    I wish I could tell you I haven't tried to bargain with God but I have too.

    I wish I could tell you I haven't blamed God for things but I have.

    I wish I could tell you I haven't doubted God before but I have too.

    I wish I could tell you I don't get depressed sometimes but I do.

    

I wish I could tell you...

    I wish I could tell you that suicide has never crossed my mind but I can't. 

    I wish I could tell you that divorce has never crossed my mind but I can't.

    I wish I could tell you I've never felt like a failure, but I can't.

    I wish I could tell you I've never felt unloved, but I can't.

    I wish I could tell you I've never felt lost, but I can't.

    I wish I could tell you I've never felt like the world was moving while I was at a standstill, but I can't.


But my greatest wish is...

    I wish I could tell you since I found Jesus things have turned around.  There are still hills, valleys and mountains to climb.  There are still deep waters to tread but I have help; someone holding my hand.  

Someone who provides fields of forgiveness, heaps of hope, loads of love, miles of mercy, gardens of grace, fountains of faith and evidence of eternity.

    I wish, hope, pray and have faith that you will find him one day also.

                                                                                    

                                                                                                        G. P. W. L

                                                                                                     Melissa Harris

    


No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...