Monday, February 15, 2021

Boys and Diamonds

 

What is it about a boy and a diamond?
There he is taller than me now standing on that diamond.
Seems just a short time ago he was cradled in my arms.
His glove is so big now it's to big for even me.
Seems just a short time ago his hand was tiny compared to mine.
His cleats look like snow shoes.
Seems just a short time ago his shoes were so tiny they got lost.
I'm watching him as he vigilantly watches each opponent.
Seems just a short time ago he was tentatively watching his parents.
But I will enjoy every minute of this time with this boy on this diamond.
Because in just a short time he will meticulously pick a girl.
Seems just a short time ago he was cautiously picking friends.
Then he will give that girl a diamond.
And I will lose my boy on that diamond.



To My Big/Lil' Man D.J. Harris
Another one of our miracles from Heaven
that survived a horrible four wheeler accident 
in the 4th grade.

Always remember you can reach any goal you
set as long as you keep holding God's hand 
and allowing him to be first in your heart.
Love you to the moon and back,
Love Mom
Phil 4:13  (#Vet)
                                                                                                         G. P. W. L.
                                                                                                       Melissa Harris


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...