Friday, March 26, 2021

A Strong Man!

So I could have written this about a lot of strong men in my life but when I think of a good, strong man, one particular person sticks out in my mind.  This person has been through a lot in his life.  Things from car accidents that most people wouldn't have survived all the way to a heart attack which ended with four stents.  He is a son, brother, husband, father, brother in law, son in law and uncle.  He is always there to help people when no one else is around.  He is tender hearted; even though he doesn't show it sometimes, you can see it.  He is an amazing diesel mechanic, wise beyond his years.  He is a wonderful husband and a great father to his three children.  He always makes sure they have their needs and most of their wants. 

Living on "Harris Hill" I always referred to him as my big brother because I was the oldest sibling.  We have always been able to talk about anything, just the two of us.  Even if it just meant riding around this little town listening to the radio together.  He was and is the big, strong brother I needed in my life.  The older sibling I didn't have.  It's no secret that he gets kidney stones regularly but it doesn't stop him from doing what needs to be done.  They say that's equivalent to having a baby for a man; I don't know about you, but I ain't about to work and deliver no baby!  

He is the most laid back person I think I know.  I mean just whatever.  But if he's got a job to do, he does it, with his whole heart.  If he tells someone he's coming to do something; he does it, with his whole heart.  Today I want to remind him of our little talks with a bible verse since life gets so busy and we don't get to actually take those rides anymore:

          And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
                         Colossians 3:23-24 KJV

"Good things come to those that wait patiently"....Love you brother!

                                                                                                                             G. P. W. L.
                                                                                                                          Melissa Harris



I chose this photo because he is our "Warrior"!
Nevermind the gray...I told you he was wise beyond his years!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...