Friday, March 5, 2021

Mini Me or Combo?


Yesterday morning I was reminded again of how I prayed so many years through our infertility struggles for a sweet, healthy baby girl.  I prayed for her to be my mini me and for us to be best friends.  My husband has his mini me in our son although he is also a great combination of us both.  Eventually my prayers just turned into a sweet healthy baby, period.  My heart shattered with each month that went by.  I felt so betrayed with every announcement of a new baby from friends and family.  No fault of theirs at all.  It was a me thing.  It was a God thing.  It was his timing and not our own but it took me awhile to realize that.  But through faith and really learning to trust God I figured it out.  We figured it out.  

Shortly after our oldest turned 8 years old, God found it in his timing to bless us with our sweet, healthy baby girl.  My mini me but also a great combination of the two of us.  I was reminded again of how she is perfectly molded by God to remind me of the two of us.  How she was perfectly picked by him from his "Garden of Babies" and sent to us to borrow.  Yes, I said borrow.  See I've also learned along the way that our children are only ours to borrow from God, they belong to him just as we all do.  

She wakes up in the mornings in such a cheerful mood just like her dad.  Polar opposite of me and DJ.  We are those kind of, "Don't talk to me, Don't even breathe on me," kind of people when we first wake up.  Elizabeth and her dad remind me of a mosquito.  Why you ask?  Annoying?  No, LOL...not exactly!  Maybe when I first wake up I'm annoyed.  But then I listen to them.  I listen closely.  Yesterday morning she was singing as she got ready for school.  Yes, singing...what child does this?  So it reminded me of the saying about the mosquito.  
 
"I want to be so full of Christ, that when a mosquito bites me, he flies away singing, "There is Power in the Blood!"  I was reminded of this saying and this song listening to her.  Of course, she sings this song loud and proud in church.  She knows it word for word.  Then while dropping them off at school she wants to walk herself up to the breezeway and across the driveway.  Even telling me, "I know to watch for cars."  Yet again reminding me of myself with independence as a child.  But I will continue to protect her, guard her from harm and continue to teach her right from wrong; so my mini me/combo baby hopefully doesn't make any of the mistakes me and her dad made.  And her brother, the other mini dad/combo baby.  But if they do we will be there to catch them when they fall and remind them who is fairest of them all!!

                                                                                                                   G. P. W. L.
                                                                                                                  Melissa Harris

"Blood is thicker than water."
"They learn what we teach them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...