Tuesday, March 16, 2021

"My Ferdinand"

I will go ahead and admit this one is going to be mushy and sappy.  When we found out at just about 4 weeks that I was pregnant with DJ we were overjoyed.  I took the test and it read negative.  Got a shower and got out and decided to look again and it said, "positive".  We were celebrating together in the bathroom of our first family home and already crying.  The weeks seemed to drag by.  Upon his arrival me and his dad cried like babies ourselves.  In shock and awe, at what God had provided us with.  What he had trusted us with.  


His dad had prayed for a Alabama Linebacker and myself, I had prayed for a, Mommas Boy.  Well we ended up with both.  He is about to turn 14 years old on March 29 this year and he is a very handsome young man.  He is 5' 11", wearing a men's size 12 shoe and weighs around 210 lbs.  I would say his dad got his Linebacker. 

He is and always has been close to me.  Even when I don't say something is wrong, he still knows.  Sometimes it seems he knows me better than his dad; I guess maybe he should considering he's one of the only two that know the sound of my heart from the inside as well as the outside.  But even more than all of that he has a heart bigger than his body.  He always takes everyone else's feelings into consideration before himself.  He's always looking out for the little guy.  He's always asking what he can do to help others.  He never fails to tell someone about Jesus.  He never fails to tell someone about his prayers to get his baby sister, despite wanting a brother.  He never fails to tell someone about his Faith in God.

When he's playing any sport he's always the guy trying to cheer everyone up, keep spirits up, keep everyone going/encouraged; even if he hasn't played one second in the game.  He's always looking for ways to improve himself.  But with all his manly and Godly ways he never fails to respond back, "I love you too, mom."  He doesn't mind me kissing his cheek or his forehead.  He doesn't mind our sometimes awkward hugs.  I believe the reason for this is because in his almost 14 years here on earth so far he has experienced a lot of loss and pain.  But he has also gained Faith, Courage, Strength, Hope and a everlasting relationship with God far beyond his years.  

So every chance that I get to stand next to my Ferdinand as he begins to tower over me now....I will.  With his hands that are so much larger than mine now; if I want to hold his hand or hold him close for while; he doesn't mind because he knows how his mom is about her boy.  I also remind him how bold he is.  I remind him of his courage, strength, faith, and hope.  I remind him to continue standing up for the little guy.  I remind him to keep cheering others on.  I remind him to always look out for his sister.  I remind him to always spend time with his grandparents because one day he want have that.  I remind him to often stop and smell the flowers and don't forget to see God in everything.

But most importantly I remind him to never lose sight of God no matter what any outcome maybe in life.  I remind him that any situation he goes through in life God will see him through; just keep holding his hand and letting him walk with you.  But if you do slip, he will still be there to catch you when you fall and so will I.  

Love, Mom
                                                                                                         G. P. W. L.
                                                                                                       Melissa Harris
Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...