Monday, March 29, 2021

Gossip or God? Real?

This one may be long but just stick with me.  I have noticed that when I post a blog with a photo attached of a family member or a person of interest I have more readers and views of that blog.  When I post a blog and use a google image for a photo there are less views and readers.  Why do you think that is?  I found myself asking this question.  Is it because people actually thought it was going to contain some type of gushy gossip about the person/people in the image?  Surely not, right?


So yesterday while talking to our, as of today, 14 year old son, I explained to him what I was noticing and explained it to him and asked his opinion.  He said, "Mom, I don't think that's it."  I said, " What do you think it is then."  He said, "I think more people read it because it's more real, it's attached to a person so they know it's real."  I wish here I could insert my facial expression at that time.  Because I was in absolute awe!  My 14 year old son just said that.  Here I was making it way more complicated and feeling upset about it and he just gave me exactly what I needed to keep pushing forward.  I mean I know it's not gossip; it's spreading the Gospel and talking Jesus from my perspective and life experiences.
 
My intentions were for it to be real and raw.  While so many things are out of our hands; spreading the Gospel and talking Jesus is not one of them.  Raising our children to be Godly people is not one of them.  I'm not raising pansies, millennials or kids that can't make their own decisions in life.  They are learning the facts of life, the Truth of the Bible.  They are learning that God has your back when no one else does.  But they are also learning that if they have someone in their life that doesn't know how to make their own decisions or even how they want to identify; That Jesus tells us to love them anyway.  
 
At the age of 4 years old when DJ lost his baby lamb to sickness, he cried and stated, "I want to go to heaven with my lamb."  At the age of almost 5 years old DJ lost his Memaw; his Great Grandmother on his Dad's side of the family.  I will never, ever for as long as I live forget the day I had to break that news to my baby boy.  He looked at me with those big blue eyes and he said while crying, "NO, I want to go to."  Then at the age of 9 years old he had a horrible four wheeler accident and the doctors told us it was a miracle that he survived.  He had so many injuries including a punctured lung, fractured neck, broke shoulder, broke ribs, a concussion and road rash from head to toe.  He also had so much muscle and tissue damage that he needed extra fluids to flush it from his body but this was extremely dangerous for his lungs.  But during this time he was never scared and most of the time stated he wasn't in pain.  Then at the age of 12 years old he lost his "best pal" his "Bitty Paw" which was his Great Grandfather on his Dad's side of the family.  This man meant the world to DJ and had been bringing him ice cream cones since he was old enough to, well open his mouth really.  But this time it was different...DJ knew he was in a better place, DJ knew in his heart he would see him again someday.  DJ knew he was healed and his mind was right again.  He understands now because we have instilled that in him.  
 
I say all of this today to say our kids brains are like sponges.  They soak up everything around them.  Don't let the world develop their brains.  You help them develop their brains and become themselves.  It took this 14 year old Birthday Boy that's turning into a Gentle Giant, with his mind that isn't corrupt with all this junk in our world to say to his mom, "Hey chin up, their reading it because it's real."  

So to all the parents out there:  listen to your kids too.  They are wiser than you think, they hear more than you think, they see more than you think and they give good advice too.

                                                                                                         

My Birthday Boy!!
Happy 14th Birthday!!
We love you to the heavens and back!!





                                                                                                            G. P. W. L.
                                                                                                        Melissa Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...