Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Satan met his match!!

The woman you see in this photo is my baby sister.  She has been through so much in her life.  She was in a relationship with someone for 11 years or so and tried for so long to change that person.  She defended him even when defending him wasn't right.  She lived in conditions that were unbearable at times.  She lived in ways that were ridiculous to please him.  She did all of this out of love; love for her 3 children and thinking she needed to stay for them. Regardless of what her family told her and warned her about she still stood by him.  Then one day she decided enough was enough.  She is one of the toughest women I know.  I do mean literally as well.  I grew up with her.  We have always had each other's backs through thick and thin but with this battle I eventually realized I wouldn't win.  My only option was through prayer.  So every single Sunday I sat in church and I prayed and I cried and I pleaded with God to change her heart.  Wake her up and make her see.  The other days of the week I continued to pray and plead with God. I found myself getting so angry sometimes because she has always been so hard headed and wouldn't listen.  I told my husband so many times if I knew grabbing her and shaking or choking her until it sank in would work, I would do it.


But I knew the only way was prayer.  Then one day I got a call, she said, "I left and me and the kids are at mom and dads."  I remember crying like a baby and just looking up at the sky.  Satan had met his match!!  Because while he doesn't give up and he is hard headed and stubborn; Buddy, she is too!!  She met someone awhile later and went from looking like she didn't even have a soul to looking like a "Angel Princess".  She was living in darkness and now she glows with radiant light.  Her children went from being sad all the time to being happy kids again.  She has a good man that works hard and provides everything they need and most of their wants, because well if you know him he has a old soul and you don't need all this new, fancy technology.  But what's amazing is it's perfect!  Because she is that type of woman, she doesn't care about fancy or new, big or small.  She has been at rock bottom and right in the middle is just fine with her.  She doesn't care about the top.  

Once I got that call, I had gotten before, I began to pray for God to give her the strength and courage not to go back this time.  And like I said, Satan met his match because she didn't and prayer works.  She is living the farm life, raising their babies in church with a good man.  Speaking of that good man, it takes a good man to take someone else's kids (not one but 3) and raise them like his own.  A real man to be there to hold them every time their real dad let's them down.  A real man to take the constant blows that their real dad spews out of his mouth.  But again, Satan has met his match because he is stubborn too!!  So just keep letting Satan tell you to act that way because all it does is make this real man love them harder!!!  You going to learn one day!!


"When you don't appreciate what you have, someone else will."
xoxo

   To my sister and brother in law:
        I love you both very much and I'm so glad you found each other.
        I'm so glad that God blessed you with each other and blessed the
        kids with a real man in their lives.  On tough days remember to 
        always hush, and pray, then talk.  Your both stubborn!
        Love you both more than you will ever know,
                    Melissa
                                                                                    G. P. W. L.
                                                                                 Melissa Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...