Monday, April 12, 2021

Life is what you make it...Do you even realize that?

You ever get sick and tired.  Well I do and today I'm sick and tired.  I'm sick and tired of the, "life's not fair" stories.  I'm sick and tired of my life being analyzed and being accused of thinking I'm better than everyone else.  I'm sick and tired of being accused of showing favoritism over one side of my family.  I'm sick and tired of people looking me in the eyes like they love me to death and talking about me behind my back.  It's a good thing I don't do that to each of them.  I always try to big the bigger person and not say a word, pretend I don't know and it's extremely tough but it still rips me and my heart to pieces.

So hear goes nothing.  Life is perfectly fair in most cases.  Do I think it's fair that children get cancer or anyone for that matter, absolutely not.  Do I think YOUR life is what you make it, ABSOLUTELY!!  It's not my fault if you choose to drop out of high school or if you choose not to go to college.  That's your fault!  It's not my fault if you choose a path of drugs and alcohol, that's your decision!  We all have choices in life to make and it's up to you to choose whether you want to make something of yourself or not! 

I'm not sorry if me choosing to graduate high school and go straight to college without even taking a break upsets you.  I'm not sorry that I had to get up for 2 years at 5:30 AM every morning and spend all day in school and then drive 40 minutes to work every afternoon after school to work until 10 pm every night and then go home and do homework.  I'm not sorry that during that 2 years I had to go to bed at midnight and get up at 5:30 AM and do it all over again.  

I'm not sorry that years later I decided to return to school and get my nursing degree because I wanted more out of life. I'm not sorry that I had to borrow the money to go to school and pay it back because I couldn't get any kind of financial aid or grants.  I'm not sorry that it cost me about $15,000 to get that degree and that's just a estimate.  I'm not sorry that for most of that year I had to get up at 4 AM in the morning to obtain that degree and study until midnight and get up and do it over again the next day.  I'm not sorry that I had to miss a lot of time with my husband, son and family to obtain that degree.  I'm not sorry that I have never had to use government assistance or had any hand outs.  Don't get me wrong if the need were there I would but I'm grateful that through hard work from me and my husband we have never had to.  I'm not sorry that I chose to do something with my life and make something of myself and I'm sick of being made to be the bad person because I did.  I'm not sorry that I drive a brand new vehicle and so does my husband, we don't brag about what we have and yet somehow we still get talked about.  I don't own hundreds of acres of land either, we have 2 acres and a house.  

We do the best we can with what we have but we sure don't blame our short comings on anyone else's success.  And for the showing favoritism part:  how about paying attention to how busy our schedules are with sports and my hardworking husband working out of town.  Not to mention the pictures in question are OLD pictures from 4 years ago.  Maybe you should remove your own skeletons from your closet before worrying about mine!!!

For so many years I have tried to be the glue on both sides of our families and lately this glue is feeling like putty.  It's dang if you do and dang if you don't.  Stick a fork in me.....Done!!


G. P. W. L.
Melissa Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

They become what we speak to them!!

Yesterday was our Elizabeth's K-Building Field Day.  She was so excited the night before you would have thought Santa Claus or the Easte...